What is Reel Downtown?
Reel Downtown is an outdoor movie screening series in downtown St. John’s that takes place every Monday evening in July. The event is free to the public and features fantastic movies that include local as well as international films.
For more details and movie listing – visit Reel Downtown.
More Details About The Event
- Reel Downtown takes place in a parking lot on Water Street at the bottom of Solomon’s Lane, in the heart of our historic Downtown core. Movies are projected on a screen installed on an adjacent building. The surrounding block of Water Street (Prescott St. to Baird’s Cove is closed at 8:00 pm as not to distract drivers, to reduce traffic noise, and to provide a pedestrian friendly environment.
- The audience is asked to bring their own lawn chairs for seating. There is a pre-show component which features themed music that corresponds with the movies played each night. Movies begin at dusk (about 9:00 pm) and are finished by 11:00 pm.
- 10 FM listening systems available for individuals with hearing loss.
- Event is weather permitting.
- Updates can be found on the Downtown St. John’s Facebook page