For Children and Youth
We provide a wide variety of programs and information for children, youth, young adults and families of children with hearing loss.
Programs for Kids & Families
- Families Resource Group (A social group aimed at providing information and encouragement to families of children with hearing loss).
- Annual Summer Camp for hard of hearing children and their families
- Families Resource Group Facebook Group
Programs for Teens
- LEAP! Leadership, Empowerment & Achievement (formerly Toastmasters) Youth Leadership Program
- Annual Post-Secondary Scholarships (undergraduate, graduate and audiology scholarships)
- Preparing for Post-Secondary resources
- CHHA-NL Youth Facebook Group
- CHHA-NL Young Adults (18-39) Facebook Group
- Education Resources for Hearing While Learning (pre-school, K-12, post-secondary)
- Employment Resources for Hearing in the Workplace
- Hearing Assistive Technology Lending Program – “shake awake” alarm clocks, telephone technology, visual and tacile smoke detectors and much more.
- Resource Library – a variety of books for children and pre-teens about hearing and hearing loss.
Below is a list of pre-recorded webinars for parents and caregivers to help support a child with hearing loss.
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CHILD’S HEARING?
We can provide information and resources specific to your needs. Please contact us for more information.