Do you hearing loss and are planning to attend post-secondary in Newfoundland and Labrador within the next two years? Are you a parent/guardian or teacher of someone with hearing loss who is thinking about post-secondary? Hearing Quest: Tools For Post-Secondary Success is a FREE captioned webinar that will provide you with everything you need to know!
The webinar will answer questions such as:
- How to set up the accommodations, if needed, like a quiet place for tests, extra time for exams,
- Who to contact to access an FM System or other technology, if needed,
- Devices to help you live on your own,
- Opportunity to ask your question on the sign-up form – responses will be provided during the “live webinar,”
- Financial options including scholarships for tuition and books,
- Host(s) of the webinar will also share personal experiences.
SIGN-UP below for this Provincial online webinar that will give you the information you need to prepare for post-secondary in Newfoundland and Labrador! This webinar is intended for students who are hard of hearing and we encourage their parents/guardians and teachers to attend as well.
**Please sign-up before March 1, 2021 to make sure you receive:
1. Access to the live captioned webinar(s) and answers to YOUR questions!
2. An information package on important contacts, how to access technology, supports and more in post-secondary.
3. Access to the recorded webinar (with captions) after the event.
You will need high-speed internet connection and a device with audio capability (speakers or similar) to fully participate in this Webinar.
REGISTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A FREE $50 AMAZON GIFT E-CARD!
TWO TIME SLOTS ARE AVAILABLE:
Thursday, March 4 from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Saturday, March 6 from 2:00 – 3:00 PM
PLEASE CLICK WHICH ONE YOU WANT TO REGISTER FOR BELOW:
Click here for other winter CHHA-NL webinars!