As with any non-profit organization, our volunteers contribute to tasks such as:
- special projects
- office administration
- assisting staff, board members and other volunteers with the delivery of programs and services.
We welcome all volunteers and greatly appreciate their efforts. All potential volunteers are asked to submit a resume, which is followed up by a personal interview to discuss skills, areas of interest and suitability for a volunteer placement.
Volunteers are also required to apply for an RNC certificate of conduct (at no cost to the volunteer).
Learn More About Volunteering & Meet Our Office Volunteers
Interested volunteers should submit a Volunteer Application Form.
Completed applications can be submitted by mail, fax, or e-mail:
1081 Topsail Road
Mount Pearl, NL A1N 5G1
Fax: (709) 753-5640
If you would like more information about joining our team as a volunteer, please contact us. We would love to hear from you.
What is the Program About?
The hearing helpers program helps raise awareness about hearing loss, its effects, the assistive devices available to individuals with hearing loss and the helpful support services available in our Province.
Hearing Helpers in the Community
A group of volunteers from across the province have become Hearing Helpers in their communities.
Each hearing helper has completed training with resource people and CHHA-NL staff.
Hearing Helpers are volunteers who can provide information to:
- groups (i.e. Clubs, Associations, general interest groups)
- the families of individuals with hearing loss
- the staff in agencies which offer supportive services in the community
Helpful information will include:
- The effects of hearing loss
- The assistive listening and signaling devices that are available (HAT- Hearing Assistive Technology)
- The support services and programs that are available from the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association-Newfoundland and Labrador.