Right now, you can prevent hearing loss for future generations.
Jackson is getting ready to head back to a new and exciting school year.
He will be in Grade 4 this year, and thanks to your generous support, his teacher and his class will have access to the brand new FREE Safe & Sound education program in their classroom.
What is Safe & Sound?
- an online sound and hearing awareness education program for teachers to use in the classroom – developed to support the Newfoundland and Labrador science curriculum by the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association – Newfoundland and Labrador (CHHA-NL).
- aims to improve overall hearing health among children and young adults.
- educates on sound, hearing, the dangers of noise and the prevention of noise-induced hearing loss.
Exposure to loud noise can have serious effects on children’s health and well-being.
Noise-induced hearing loss:
- is a permanent hearing loss from continued exposure to noise or from sudden high-impulse noise
- is 100% preventable through education and proper use of hearing protection
This year, with your help, the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association – Newfoundland and Labrador (CHHA-NL) will introduce Safe & Sound to every Grade 4 classroom in Newfoundland and Labrador.
The goal is to reach over 5,000 students EACH YEAR in our Province.
Early education on hearing health and the dangers of noise is important to create a culture where lower volume and the use of hearing protection is a normal part of everyday life.
Children often participate in recreation activities that can be harmful to their hearing health. In addition to loud music, many children enjoy and participate in noisy outdoor activities.
Your gift brings better hearing health to every child in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Charitable receipts will be provided.